Erg Mountain Provincial Park can be found a few hours east of Prince George, BC. After exploring the park ourselves it became apparent that some of the trails had been neglected and had become tough to travel. The park is an incredible place to enjoy and thus we set out to help provide assistance in park upgrades. In partnership with BC parks we will be spending a day in September clearing brush, building creek crossings and other improvements. See the info below, and if you’re near the area, we’d love your support!
Erg Mountain Provincial Park Trail Work Day Saturday September 15th
- Volunteers needed to help restore the spectacular Erg Mountain hiking area
- No experience necessary
- We will be working in partnership with BC Parks to clear the overgrown trail
- Where to meet: Hwy 97 East/Ptarmigan Creek FSR junction @ 830am (see map)
- What to bring: Water/Lunch, Gloves, Work clothes/hiking boots, Water shoes for creek crossing, Brushing tools (foldable saw, hand pruners)
- Only individuals with the appropriate certification will be permitted to operate chainsaws/brush saws.
- For more information and to arrange carpooling check the Wild Coast Collective Facebook events page.